How much does Head Start cost?
Head Start is free for families who qualify (it is funded by the federal government). We provide $7,000 worth of education, health screening, nutrition, family support, and training services for your family at no cost to you.
What services can I get through Head Start?
- Individual learning plans for your child
- Health snacks and meals
- Family goal setting and support
- Special services for children with disabilities
- Prenatal services for pregnant women
- Developmental screenings
- Medical and dental support
- Mental health services
- Social service referrals and support
- Parent leadership and learning opportunities
- Support services for the whole family, including fathers
How old are children in Head Start?
We serve babies, children up to age 5, pregnant mothers, fathers, and their families.
Can Head Start help if my child has special needs?
Yes! We encourage you to apply if your child has a disability or developmental, social, or emotional delays. We make extra effort to ensure that specials needs are met and that children with disabilities integrate into the classroom smoothly.