Starfish Family Services
Full Time and Part time
Job Description/ Duties:
- Work together with the teaching teams, assist in planning and implementing daily programming for pre-school aged children.
- Support individual children in need of special attention and care.
- Maintain physical safety and emotional security of the children.
- Assist classrooms with specific classroom and outdoor activities, including large and small groups.
- Support classrooms in planning and preparing materials for daily activities and home visits.
- Assist with completing skill checklists and ongoing observation as directed by the teacher.
- Assist with implementing medical/dental classroom activities and the mental health curriculum.
- Assist classroom in duties relating to the supervision of lunch and snack periods, including interaction with children and completing CACFP Attendance reports, as directed.
- Assist in carrying out health and nutrition program activities (i.e. planning, preparation, set-up and cleanup of all meals/snacks).
- Maintain records as required (i.e. attendance, meal counts, contact log, parent contacts, etc.).
- Support with conducting classroom equipment inventory.
- Support the HighScope Curriculum/COR outcomes reporting.
- This position is 20 hours per week from 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Minimum GED/ High School Diploma
- Knowledge of the HighScope Curriculum.
- One year previous experience working with young children preferred.