Starfish Family Services
Part year/Part time
Job Description/ Duties:
- Obtains necessary components of meal to meet CACFP regulations to ensure all daily food requirements are met.
- Prepares and serves all food according to established guidelines.
- Sanitize bowls, pans, utensils, work surfaces and other areas within the kitchen.
- Portions food servings in accordance with CACFP guidelines.
- Actively participates in menu planning.
- Maintains records in accordance with specified guidelines.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Adheres to Head Start regulations and federal and state standards regarding food preparation and distribution.
- Communicates effectively with staff, parents and children on CACFP program and Head Start performance standards as needed.
- Ensures children with food restrictions have appropriate food substitutions.
- Responsible for following CACFP documentation as it relates to the kitchen, menu, menu substitution log, menu as served, temperature logs for refrigerator, hot and cold food, attendance-meal attendance sheets and meal counts.
- Maintains CACFP documentation at local site and submits required documentation for CACFP as assigned.
- Ensures that all food substitutions are met and monitored.
- Maintains CACFP documentation for current year plus previous 3 years
- Maintains confidentiality as it relates to home and school environment.
- Ensures site had snacks, i.e. pick up from main kitchen weekly.
- Cooperates in any investigation related to personnel, licensing, accreditation or other circumstances.
- Attends all agency and departmental meetings and training as required.
- Performs other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management.
- This position is for 30 hours per week.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- ServSafe certification preferred. Bilingual skills preferred.