New. St. Paul Head Start
Job Description/ Duties:
- Program Development And Implementation
- Oversees the Head Start/Early Head Start facilities and assures they meet all requirements.
- Develops and implements a centralized purchasing system to support facilities with such items as equipment, supplies, repairs and maintenance.
- Develops and implements systems for building security and maintenance.
- Establishes and facilitates a Safety Committee to support safe and healthy environments of care at the centers, kitchens and offices.
- Serves as the liaison between Head Start/Early Head Start and the building maintenance contractor(s); ensures that maintenance and repairs are done in compliance with applicable regulations and according to specifications of building owners; maintains appropriate maintenance records.
- Coordinates moving of sites, inventory, supplies as necessary.
- Ensures safety and function of all Head Start/Early Head Start facilities and compliance with ADA, OSHA and other laws and regulations.
- Available on call for emergencies, snow removal, etc.
- Oversees landscape needs such as mowing lawns, trimming shrubs, sweeping porches, steps and parking lots, etc.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work.
- Maintains fire alarm and burglar alarm systems (as appropriate) in good working order.
- Provides input into the hiring and training of custodial, janitorial and maintenance staff or contractors as needed.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of all program supplies and equipment in centers, offices and warehouses.
- Ensures that all inspections, licenses and contracts are current and on file.
- Requisitions tools, equipment and supplies as needed insuring budgetary control.
- Establishes a system to make regular health and safety inspections of all sites and to quickly resolve identified site issues, including the safety of playgrounds, parking lots and other areas used by Head Start/Early Head Start staff, children, parents, contractors and community volunteers.
Qualifications: A minimum of high school diploma or G.E.D. with two years related experience and demonstrated knowledge of general building maintenance and facilities management is required. Knowledge of local health/safety regulations, ADA and OSHA requirements preferred. Previous experience with lease management and contracting preferred.
Skills Required: Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment and manage multiple projects. Ability to develop and maintain a system for accurate records. Ability to work with contractors and volunteers effectively. Ability to perform minor building repairs. Knowledge of basic building repairs. Ability to lift objects weighing 75 pounds. Ability to operate light trucks and equipment for minor construction. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision. Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions. Ability to operate and instruct others in the use of standard cleaning appliances such as vacuum cleaners, rug shampoo machines, etc.
Physical Requirements: Acceptable tuberculosis screening results, a clear criminal records check (including sex offender registry check and State or FBI fingerprint checks), child abuse registry check and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment, as well as annual clearances.
Health, Vision, Dental, Retirement
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should fax their resumes to the attention of Human Resources at 313-835-0401 or email at HumanResources@NewStPaul-HS.org