Head Start Center Supervisor
New St. Paul Head Center
Job Description/ Duties:
- Develops and monitors center and staff schedules.
- Arranges and schedules substitutes for the center classrooms.
- Arranges for family, staff work days for center improvements, fairs, events, etc.
- Assists in establishing and fostering a team approach and coordination of services and the sharing of resources among centers within the overall program.
- Responsible for monthly safety checks, fire drills and safety meetings as well as updating of the Safety Log.
- Investigates any child or staff incidents, assuring all forms are complete and notifying the appropriate authorities and/or supervisor.
- Attends IFSP/IEP meetings as needed or requested.
- Takes the lead and arranges and attends Family Nights, Parent Committee meetings and works with staff and parents to plan and carry them out.
- Receives and responds to verbal and written complaints about the program/center while managing the Parent/Community Complaint procedure at the center level.
- Implements and supports “best practices” in early education programming in conjunction with the early childhood staff when applicable.
- Plans for and equips indoor and outdoor areas to meet children’s developmental and safety needs in accordance with budget.
- Develops and facilitates a positive community presence in the community, focusing on networking opportunities, enhancement of volunteer participation and educational awareness efforts in regard to program needs.
- Responsible for monitoring and compliance with applicable local, state and federal rules, regulations and standards as well as with any state and federal contracts, health, safety and licensing regulations.
- Responsible for assuring compliance with quality assurance and program evaluation requirements.
- Meets with parents and community members as appropriate.
Qualifications: Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s degree or higher in early childhood education, child development or a related field. One year supervisory experience preferred. Previous Head Start/Early Head Start experience preferred. Ability to meet the state requirement(s) for “site director” required.
Skills Required: Ability to know and implement the Head Start Performance Standards and policies of the agency. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agency staff, children and parents, and outside agencies. Ability to keep all information strictly confidential. Ability to oversee and operate the day-to-day program in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
Physical Requirements: Acceptable tuberculosis screening results, a clear criminal records check (including sex offender registry check and State or FBI fingerprint checks), child abuse registry check and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment, as well as annual clearances.
Health, Vision, Dental, Retirement
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should fax their resumes to the attention of Human Resources at 313-835-0401 or email at HumanResources@NewStPaul-HS.org