Head Start Mentor Coach
New St. Paul Head Start
Job Description/ Duties:
- Mentor coaching will begin after the staff person has attended each section of the education new staff binder or agency training. .
- The education manager and teacher mentor coaches will provide onsite, in classroom mentoring.
- Mentoring will be determined in a number of ways
- New staff
- Classrooms whose school readiness outcomes are below the agency average
- Classrooms whose CLASS scores fall below the agency average
- Center manager recommendation
- Length of time for mentor coaching will be determined based on the specific need
- New staff will be mentored for the entirety of their 6 month new staff probationary period
- School readiness outcome concerns will be mentored for the length of the next assessment period.
- CLASS mentoring will be based on individual needs
- Mentor coaching will be tracked in the following way
- Who was mentored
- Mentor coaches name
- Date and length of that days mentoring
- The topic of the mentoring session
- Teacher and mentor created plans for improvement including time frame for implementation.
- Mentoring will occur following the below steps:
- Initial observation of the classroom, specifically relating to the area of concern
- An observation feedback meeting will occur by the end of the week that the observation occurred and will include the teaching team, Center Supervisor and mentor coach.
- A plan of action will be developed by the teaching team and mentor coach
Qualifications: Minimum qualifications are a baccalaureate or advanced degree in Early Childhood Education
Skills Required: Ability to be perceptive of the needs of children and to work well with staff, children and parents/families. Ability to organize and direct classroom activities. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to maintain accurate records which reflect the needs and progress of children. Ability to demonstrate knowledge, skills and a positive attitude in the field of early childhood education.
Physical Requirements: Acceptable tuberculosis screening results, a clear criminal records check (including sex offender registry check and State or FBI fingerprint checks), child abuse registry check and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment, as well as annual clearances.
Health, Vision, Dental, Retirement
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should fax their resumes to the attention of Human Resources at 313.835.0401 or email at HumanResources@NewStPaul-HS.org