Job Description/ Duties:
This is a professional contract position that assures the continuation of good health related services for children enrolled in the Early Head Start and Head Start Programs. The person fulfilling this job is expected to complete assignments with a high standard of accuracy, attention to detail, and timely completion of work. This person works under the supervision of the Early Head Start/Head Start Director.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Implement Health Objectives and performance standards.
- Coordinate and direct all phases of the Early Head Start and Head Start medical and dental programs as approved by the Health Services Advisory Committee.
- Coordinate all health screenings while assisting in the identification of high-risk children and the provision of a healthy, safe environment for children and staff.
- Maintain adequate health records for each child enrolled in the program.
- Counsel with parents regarding available resources for management of individual health needs.
- Meet with parents/staff and make home visits when necessary for the purpose of sharing information and discussing solutions to individual health problems.
- Provide oversight for all medical referrals for Early Head Start and Head Start enrollees within the community and assures continuity of care for those students needing further medical care.
- Participate in health education activities with families and groups, upon request.
- Assist in promoting preventative health services and early intervention to the families and teachers.
- Assist in performing growth assessments on health screenings of each child.
- Serve as Early Head Start/Head Start liaison with the medical and dental community.
- Assist with or coordinate and provides training of CPR/First Aid, Universal Precautions, medication and safe sleep training for all staff, teachers, assistants, substitutes and volunteers each year to comply with state and local health regulations.
- Ensure that all health data is up to date based on performance standards and that all records are keyed into the Child Plus system.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing from an accredited university preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in basic nursing principals
- Knowledge of health problems of children with moderate to significant disabilities and behavior disorders
How to Apply:
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org