Human Resources Assistant
New St. Paul Tabernacle Head Start Agency
Job Description/ Duties:
Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Manager on all personnel matters and assists with payroll processing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Conducts benefits enrollment for new employees.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains books current.
- Submits the online investigation requests and assists with new employee background checks.
- Reconciles the benefits statements.
- Performs payroll/benefit-related reconciliations to General Ledger and other accounts.
- Conducts audits of various payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends any corrective action.
- Updates HR spreadsheet with employee change requests and processes paperwork.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review forms.
- Assists HR Director with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process.
- Assists with the various employee discount coupons by contacting companies for coupons as directed by HR Manager.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by HR Manager.
- Schedules conferences by reserving facilities at local hotels and/or restaurants.
- Makes photocopies, faxes documents and performs other clerical functions.
- Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence.
- Prepares new employee files.
- Processes mail.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required education: Bachelor’s
How to Apply:
Please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org