Network Support Specialist
New St. Paul Head Start
Job Description/ Duties:
Duties Statement: This position provides desk top support, data processing and related information services and technology activities in all areas of the Head Start/Early Head Start program. The position is responsible for the operations of the information technology/service department, and supporting and advising staff in areas regarding related needs.
- Responsible for overall management of all data management activities and all operations of the Network Support (NS) department.
- Creates and maintains internal procedures covering all aspects of computer and NS operations.
- Reviews and advises on proposed projects with management team and develops schedules and priorities for accomplishment of tasks.
- Maintains and ensures adherence to computer security policies that safeguard access to computer data and equipment.
- Develops and maintains a long-term plan for meeting the information processing requirements of Head Start/Early Head Start.
- Serves as system administrator for the Head Start/Early Head Start tracking program (i.e. Child Plus, HSFIS, Child Tracks, etc).
- Develops forms and systems compatible with the Head Start/Early Head Start tracking program.
- Establishes and implements hardware and software compatibility planning.
- Oversees office process automation of office applications.
- Implements distributive data processing strategies.
- Works with the others to establish and implement policies and procedures for department operations.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of system reports.
- Prepares periodic reports for management, as required.
- Ensures prompt and courteous feedback to those requesting computer services.
- Supervises IS and directs daily operations covering central computer operations, including daily/weekly backups and all other related activities.
- Directs and oversees the response to and resolution of user inquiries and problems.
- Continues professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Performs direct supervision of any IS consultants including selection, assignment of work and review of performance.
- Provides indirect supervision of computer users through observation and discussion.
- Serves as the web, email and server administrator.
- Coordinates vendor repairs and maintenance of program systems.
- Provides audio/visual support for program needs.
- Administers PBX phone system and extensions (where applicable).
- Plans and directs the work of data entry staff (where applicable).
- Develops and updates agency technology plan.
- Establishes priorities for system modifications and requests.
- Continuously monitors the information needs of the Head Start/Early Head Start program. Ensures that technology components are efficient, effective and in good working order.
- Works with service, supply and equipment vendors to secure the lowest possible pricing. Solicits information about new technology (phones, computers, cell phones, fax, copiers, etc.) and/or requests bids as needed.
- Evaluates equipment capabilities and recommends equipment, hardware and software acquisitions.
- Provides input into determining type of documents, equipment, supplies and service required by the program.
- Recommends purchases.
Qualifications: Minimum requirements include an bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with two years experience in areas of computer hardware, computer systems and/or data communication.
Skills Required: Good computer skills. Knowledge and experience with Head Start specific software packages available. Ability to direct the work of others and to provide training and technical assistance to individuals at various skill and comfort levels. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and to work well in a team environment. Ability to represent Head Start/Early Head Start positively to the community and with parents at all times.
Physical Requirements: Acceptable tuberculosis screening results, a clear criminal records check (including sex offender registry check and State or FBI fingerprint checks), child abuse registry check and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment, as well as annual clearances.
Health, Vision, Dental, Retirement
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should fax their resumes to the attention of Human Resources at 313.835.0401 or email at HumanResources@NewStPaul-HS.org