New St. Paul Head Start Agency, Inc.
Job Description/ Duties:
- Use of ADP/Payroll and Accounting Software modules for processing of payroll.
- Maintain ADP/Payroll database including updating of cost centers and earnings codes.
- Review, calculate and process paper timecards for substitutes.
- Generate, review and audit payroll files for accuracy before processing.
- Print and distribute paychecks to staff not receiving direct deposit.
- Maintain documentation for each payroll processed.
- Prepare requisition orders for benefits, deduction and tax payments.
- Keep current on wage and hour laws and ensure payroll procedures meet all guidelines and federal and state requirements.
- Reconcile payroll, tax, deduction and benefit general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Process wage garnishment orders per mandated rules and regulations.
Qualifications: Minimum requirements are an associate’s degree in Accounting, in an accounting or human resource related field. Working knowledge of Excel is required. The individual must possess a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Excel. The position must have the ability to manage numerous tasks, possess good organizational skills, communicate effectively with co-workers and the public, and work collaboratively in a team environment.
Skills Required: Ability to handle multiple tasks and to work with outside agencies. Ability to accurately collect payroll information. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and to work well with others in a team environment. Ability to represent Head Start/Early Head Start positively to the community and with parents and families at all times.
Physical Requirements: Acceptable tuberculosis screening results, a clear criminal records check (including sex offender registry check and State or FBI fingerprint checks), child abuse registry check and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
Health, Vision, Dental, Retirement
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should fax their resumes to the attention of Human Resources at 313.835.0401 or email at HumanResources@NewStPaul-HS.org
No Telephone Calls