New St. Paul Head Start
Job Description/ Duties:
Duties Statement: This position is responsible for the human resources activities of the Executive including personnel files, ensuring orientation and tracking of staff. This position is responsible for the smooth operations of an office and other duties related to administration including answering phones, filing, etc. Performs all duties as required by the Executive Director and/or immediate supervisor and other duties as assigned relating to the administrative component including, policy and procedure updates, typing, word processing, faxing, acting as receptionist and other clerical duties.
- Develops procedures for and manages the receiving and distribution of incoming and out-going mail, overnight, shipping, faxes, etc.
- Carry out procedures for general office systems, such as office building security, telephone system and messaging, in/out board, etc.
- Plans and oversees a system for maintenance of:
- Executive files, to include reports, correspondence, newsletters, meeting minutes, training logs, safety logs, etc.
- Provides word processing services and assistance on putting together a regular Executive newsletter.
- Supports Policy Council meetings, Health Services Advisory Committee and other committees in preparation, reproduction, distribution and recording of meeting agendas, minutes, reports, and other information.
- Assists with meeting logistics, room set-up, etc.
- Provides support for staff meetings, training and other events as needed and/or requested.
- Receives and processes accident reports and contacts the Executive Director immediately upon receipt of such reports.
- Assists Executive Director in all aspects of Executive administration, as required.
- Assists managers/specialist/coordinators/supervisors, as necessary to support Executive operations.
Qualifications: Minimum requirements are an AA degree or higher in related field preferred. The individual must possess a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. The position must have the ability to manage numerous tasks, possess good organizational skills, communicate effectively with co-workers and the public, and work collaboratively in a team environment.
Skills Required: Ability to handle multiple tasks and to work with outside agencies. Ability to accurately enter and transmit information within established timelines. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and to work well with others in a team environment. Ability to represent Head Start/Early Head Start positively to the community and with parents and families at all times.
Physical Requirements: Acceptable tuberculosis screening results, a clear criminal records check (including sex offender registry check and State or FBI fingerprint checks), child abuse registry check and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment, as well as annual clearances
Health, Vision, Dental, Retirement
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should fax their resumes to the attention of Human Resources at 313.835.0401 or email at HumanResources@NewStPaul-HS.org